This Sunday our entire family spent most of the day in bed. Cold season has found us already, and the kids and I felt pretty awful. Not exactly the day that I wanted.
However, it may have been the day that I needed. My husband and I talked about how exhausted I have been feeling lately. He pointed out that I need to take more time for myself than I have been doing, or I will be so exhausted that I can’t give to my family. (Now, that’s a great husband!)
So this week’s goals will be simple and focused mainly on self-care. I want to get enough sleep. Read for fun. Call my doctor to get my thyroid levels checked (I have extreme hypothyroidism and my exhaustion could be a sign that my levels are off).
I want to challenge you to make time for self-care this week. Put it into your schedule. Call and get a massage. Go out for coffee with a friend. Take a long bath. Pray. Read. Do something that you love and that helps you relax. Renew yourself so that you can give to others.
Last Week’s Goals:
1. Pray in my Icon Corner before the kids wake up 4 mornings
2. Read Titus
Spend 15 hours working on Week One of Elite Blog Academy
4. Write for 10 minutes on my book each morning
Family outing with our church
Read 10 minutes to my children each night
Try two new recipes
Continue taking the Make Over Your Mornings audio course (If you haven’t checked it out yet, click HERE to learn more about Crystal Paine’s fantastic course about using your mornings wisely. I have completely changed my morning routine as a result!)
10. Run 1.5 miles 3 days (I only made it two days this week. We had some serious rain going on here!)
This Week’s Goals:
1. Read Philemon and Hebrews 1-2
2. Write my SMART Goal and submit to my administrator
3. Have an in-house date night with my husband
4. Play a game as a family
5. Complete all Unit One Assignments for Elite Blog Academy
6. Go to bed at 9:00 each night
7. Read two books
8. Run 1.5 miles 2 times
What are your goals for the week? What will you do to take care of yourself?