Last week I shared part of my List of 100 Dreams. Today I want to finish by sharing my personal dreams and my dreams for my family.
These were particularly fun to write! As you will see, some are super easy–like buy nice pajamas. Others will take far more work. But, that’s ok. It’s nice to have some “low hanging fruit” that I can accomplish quickly.
With no further ado, here is:
My List of 100 Dreams Part II
46. Take a dance class
47. Be part of a book club
48. Plant fruit trees in my yard
49. Learn to can fruits and vegetables
50. Learn how to make good jam and jelly
51. Host a real dinner party with fancy place settings and name cards
52. Run a half marathon
53. Find a winter coat that I love, feel good in, and get compliments on
54. Learn how to braid my own hair
55. Get good family photos taken and hang them up
56. Be able to give myself a decent manicure and pedicure
57. Crochet scarves in different patterns
58. Flowers! Bring more inside and visit nice gardens.
59. Try a new recipe a week (roughly)
60. Learn more about wine and find a favorite. Purchase several to have on hand–a sort of “house wine” that we always use when entertaining.
61. Go to a museum exhibit by myself.
62. Get over my fear and find a good hair stylist who can help me feel confident about my hair.
63. Treat myself to a facial.
64. Start a “Ladies Night” get together with a few friends.
65. Read at least 70 books each year.
66. Start playing the piano again.
67. Lift weights and develop a strength training plan.
68. Be able to run 3 miles easily.
69. Get down to my goal weight and stay there.
70. Find a swimsuit that I love that looks good on me just as I am.
71. Buy some nice pajamas.
72. Do something really fun to celebrate my 40th birthday in a few years.
73. Learn several flattering ways to wear a scarf.
74. Spend an entire day reading by a fire.
75. Be able to make a killer omelette that I can flip and everything.
76. Go on a yearly getaway just the two of us.
77. Eat at a restaurant with a tasting menu and wine pairings.
78. Go dancing.
79. Have budget/ goal-setting meetings at least twice a year.
80. Read a book together–audiobooks count.
81. Find a show we both really like to watch.
82. Attend a play or the symphony.
83. Go on a double date with another couple.
84. Go whale watching.
85. Go to the Nutcracker with Ella.
86. Learn about the constellations at an observatory.
87. Have a picnic in the Arnold Arboretum during lilac season.
88. Eat seafood in Maine
89. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, the MIT Museum, and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
90. Find a sleepaway camp for Andrew.
91. Go to outdoor summer concerts and movies.
92. Play more games with the kids, especially games that I actually enjoy.
93. Help the kids decorate their rooms how they would like.
94. Get together with my whole family once a year.
95. Have the kids talk and facetime grandparents/ aunts and uncles/ cousins more often.
96. Look at pictures of my grandparents (who have all died) with the kids and share memories.
97. Include the kids in cooking more often.
98. Go on a family retreat.
99. Do one-on-one “Mommy and Me” outings.
100. Go fishing.
What would you include on your List of 100 Dreams?